Average conversion rates on the Google Ads network hover around 4%. In other words, 96% of paid traffic doesn’t convert, which means the vast majority of your ad budget is wasted.
What’s even worse is that most businesses have grown to accept that just 4% of their ad budget will contribute to growth. But just because this is “average” doesn’t mean it’s acceptable. It’s possible to double, triple, even quadruple your average conversion rate. All it takes is a conversion-focused team and the right technology.
Common conversion obstacles
Better personalization translates to higher ROAS. The problem is that three common obstacles stand between brands and deeply personalized campaigns:
- Not scaling landing pages: You wouldn’t run the same ad to two different audiences. In the same way, you shouldn’t drive two different audiences to the same landing page. Every post-click experience (PCE) needs to be personalized to the audience consuming it for maximum relevance across all ads and campaigns. Since this is nearly impossible to do manually, most businesses would rather sacrifice relevance than put enormous strain on their teams.
- An outdated mindset: Advertising has evolved to the point that we can track every click’s value. But clicks aren’t valuable to a business unless they result in conversions. Despite this, many advertisers continue to focus on getting more clicks, instead of getting more conversions. This mindset needs to change.
- Not using audience data to personalize PCEs: Though major ad platforms offer tools for personalizing advertisements, they don’t provide tools for personalizing the pages that visitors land on after they click through. Without tools like these, advertisers can’t pass essential data to the post-click experience to ensure personalization.
Personalization is hard to scale
Advertisers aren’t strangers to personalization. They’ve been personalizing ads with platforms like Facebook and Google for years, and they’ve been reaping the rewards. Personalization boosts relevance, and relevance is what compels audiences to click, sign up, download, and buy.
The problem is that, without the right tools, personalization is hard to scale beyond the advertisement. Earning the click with personalized Facebook or Google ads is doable, but creating a relevant page that gets each of those audiences to convert is challenging. Major platforms don’t offer the tools brands need to accomplish this.
The closest thing to a tool for scaling personalization is Google’s Dynamic Text Replacement. But this tool only enables the replacement of keywords on a page. And that’s not real personalization. Real personalization goes beyond keywords and presents a deeper narrative that speaks to each audience’s desires and objections.
How personalization profiling can maximize relevance
Personalization profiling is a technique that allows advertisers to approach 1:1 campaign relevance. Instead of driving every audience to a single destination, personalization profiling enables advertisers to continually collect information about their audiences, then use that information to personalize post-click experiences further.
The more data you have on each user, the more personalized you can make their experience.
Copy, forms, layout, and design can be adjusted to maximize relevance (and thus conversions) in the post-click stage.
How Postclick helps brands convert their paid traffic
Postclick is a tech-enabled service that combines the industry’s only Post-Click Automation platform with a team of conversion experts.
With the help of four technology pillars, Postclick can help advertisers scale personalization end-to-end across all campaigns. Those four pillars are as follows:
- Ad mapping allows Postclick to import your Google ads account and map every ad to its own post-click experience. From a single dashboard, the Postclick team can visualize the entire campaign to ensure it’s message-matched, personalized, and seamless from end to end.
- Automated creation enables Postclick to create hundreds of pages at once with the help of content blocks that can be saved, edited, and imported into new pages or existing ones.
- Personalization capabilities allow for the transfer of key audience targeting parameters from the pre-click stage to the post-click stage. With this pillar, Postclick conversion experts can ensure that every audience member lands on a page tailored to their exact personalization profile.
- Optimization and AI make it easy to improve conversion rates. Technology in this pillar will continually collect data on users visiting post-click pages—learning what they respond positively and negatively to. Then, it will automatically adjust the page layout to whatever is most likely to result in conversions.
Get a complimentary conversion analysis
We want to offer you a complimentary analysis of your ad campaigns. We will review your campaigns to analyze your post-click health, compare your site against industry and competitive benchmarks, and identify the most comprehensive opportunities to increase your ROAS. Our team will share insights on how we can increase your conversion rates, in addition to a comprehensive competitive analysis. Request your analysis here.